I recently wrote a blog post about free Photoshop gradients, so have decided to write a post about how to install gradients in Photoshop. There are two ways to install gradients in Photoshop and both are very simple. The first method requires that your Photoshop is shut down, and the second method allows you to load a gradient when Photoshop is loaded up.
- Make sure your Photoshop is shut down.
- Locate the ‘Presets’ folder directory and select the subdirectory ‘Gradient’ folder. The default location is in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS\Preset
- Extract the ‘.grd’ file into the Gradient folder. If your gradient is in a zip file, then simple extract the ‘.grd’ into the gradient folder.
- The next time you start up Photoshop the gradient will appear in Presets.
- Double click on the gradient bar shown below.
- Then select the ‘Load’ button from the gradient editor.
- Location your ‘.grd’ file and click open.